Monday, April 9, 2012

Two Rides - Same Road





 
In January 2011 I got married to the love of my life, Suchismita Bhagat. 2 days before that my second love of my life was delivered to me i.e. Nandi, my motorcycle.

And the same day the motorcycle was delivered I took it for a long ride. That blog is available on the following link.

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcycle-ownership-experiences/16782-rajputana-customs-nandi.html

This blog is when I and Soni both decided to make the same ride all over again.

Early morning we both started on her brother’s Royal Enfield and we had a cramster saddle bag promptly loaded with the bare essentials for the next two days.

Soni had always complained that when we were dating I never took her for long rides so this was when I was contemplating how to accomplish the same.

As soon as we hit the highway I realized that Soni is the perfect pillion turning at the right moments and not shifting her weight too much or moving around. She also enjoys the ride as much as I do and I can feel the grin on her face behind my head.

She loves travelling but she’s more of a car person and this ride was a long one for her. We had a bunch of stops enroute to Jajpur Road and even stopped at the Satsang near Chandikhol.
By noon we were pulling into Panikhoili and then the 11 km ride to Jajpur Road. We stopped at Janah Dhaba and after spending such a long time on the road we were eating to your hearts content . Food was perfect with everything being desi and second helpings were welcome by both me and Soni !!

Reached home and crashed and after 2 days of living there we started again early in the morning back to Cuttack. Half way through the road me and Soni decided to take a detour and check out new places. So at Chandikhol we decided to head to Ratnagiri,Udaygiri and the whole Buddhist Circuit.

It was just perfect with the sun playing hide and seek behind clouds giving a completely lazy feel to the ride. Getting there was half the fun. Since the whole of Kuwait is pretty much flat it was fun to travel through the meandering roads of small hills meeting villagers and kids in schools.

We both had a gala time and it showed on each others faces when we reached home completely tanned and dark and yet with a huge smile on our faces.

I am now looking forward to our long ride to Berhampur this coming vacation.




No comments: