Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Written on the train on the 7th of January 2010

Romancing the trains has always been a passion with me !! With a lot of things happening in my life along with my wedding just a week away and Nandi being delivered in a couple of days , I finally took some time off to travel alone and spend some time contemplating what the future holds for me and my future !! So with so much on my mind I thought a train ride to my meet my parents in Jajpur would be an amazing idea. Why the train !!! ?? I have no clue but when I was a kid I loved meeting people and I still do and I love traveling by trains !! But in recent times work and I guess living in Kuwait has made me soft and extra cautious while travelling !! And I am sorry to say that even that has happened I have not given up on the comfort factor and decided to travel this short trip in th AC compartment with a general ticket . With a generous tip to the train attendants and also a quick word with the TC (Ticket Collector) got me this privilege. And I am not going to justify my bribing these people but I will also say that they get paid peanuts for the effort they put in. Anyways moving on so I love trains like crazy cos of the constant rumbling and rattling !! The way the traikn sways and the way the scenery passes you by !! The way u feel that the world is moving around you while u r stationary !! The way u meet new people and if this was a longer I am sure conversations woluld have been much better. And the food !! The constant flow on hawkers and vendors of food galore. Nothing makes me happier !! This is also time u get to think about various various other things !! J I love travelling by train and also to enjoy this moment even more I am going to cut this blog short !!

No comments: