Saturday, February 12, 2011

Married !!


Hmmm so I am married!! And with that I feel that so much responsibility!! But responsibility doesn’t mean the fun factor is gone!!

On the contrary I love the shopping for setting up my room with Soni, shopping for her winter wear, grocery, furniture (the first time ever in my life) and various other things.

The waking up in the morning to her beautiful hair, little mouth open and seeing her blissfully floating in her dream world is worth growing up. Growing or being mature is what is expected from me but, does it mean I can’t be myself?? I mean cant I wake up in the night and watch a movie or stay up late watching Sons of Anarchy...

Well frankly speaking “NO”. Things change!! Get used to it if you are married!! Of course u can’t leave your clothes lying around your room!! Your toothbrush is always at the same place every morning and so are your last night jammies. Your clothes, DVDs and books are categorized. Your footwear for inside the home and outside is different. Jeans are cleaner and on a regular basis. Evening are spent watching a movie ,trying to whip up the perfect dinner or going out with your bachelor friends hearing them crib about their love lives. But instead of you giving advice about how to get the next girl, your wife gives them advice how to keep their present ones. Yes being married changes everything.

Now the question I know everyone wants to know! Is it worth it?? Is worth taking the plunge and looking back to the gone days of lazy afternoons and drunk nights with friends usually ending with hangover lunch the next day. In my honest opinion or rather what I think is go for it!! Forget the things which happened!! Grow up and move on!! You can’t hang on to your college day forever!! Friends will be there no matter what … Married or not!! They will learn to accept you with or without your better half!! And if luck is in your favor you will marry the one your love and things will eventually fall into place without noticing. Something which is happening to me… I am enjoying every aspect of this marriage. It doesn’t mean we don’t have our fair share of fight but the next day we forget that entire episode cos we both I guess know that fight and disagreements are part of life. What’s the use of having a life without any disagreements!! BORING!!

Well coming back so I am married and yes I have responsibilities and yes I know it will take me time for me to grow up and be the perfect husband but till then I know I have Soni a.k.a THE MRS to hold my hand and guide me through this phase. To tell me that buying a bike right now is not the best of ideas but rather it’s better to invest in something else. But yes she will surely tell me the right time to buy the bike but for now I know she’s right!! And I believe in her not matter!! Married … sounds weird but yes marriage is one of the best things that has happened to me in recent times.

No comments: