Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well finally in Orissa!! And what an amazing feeling so the first deed I do is pick up a bottle of Bacardi rum!! And off with it!! To the Den (Please mind it I never called that place “the Den” until much later).On reaching there wonders of wonders I see one of my college juniors from the yesteryears there!! No names of course but she was stoned and drunk as hell!! This was fine by me!! And then the bottle of Tequila opened!! And this was around the time that my Uncle called and said you have to be in Jajpur Road early in the morning which was fine by me as long as I survived the drinking party the same night!! So the drinking began and eventually by 4 Madu was already buzzing and so was I and somehow we both got on his bike saddled our bags and started our perilous journey to Japur Road totally drunk and by the time we reached there the whole place was just waking up !! This meant I had to see my bike!! And oh what sight L the bike was dismantled and there was some work being done it!!! Which was again against my plans !! The mechanic who was supposed to be fixing the bike had been brought in from Delhi and he stayed in a place called Shree Krishna Lodge!! I think then when we went there we didn’t know what to expect!! On asking the mechanics name the guy on the reception desk removed this HUG HUGE binder and started glancing thru the whole name list of the people who have stayed there!! This was crazy noting the fact that the binder was about 10 inches thick and must have been 1 foot by 1foot. And the rates for living for a day?? 120 rupees!! God !! I think that must have been the cheapest place on the planet!! We were nearing our saturation level cos after heavily getting drunk last night we hadn’t had the time to sleep as yet and it was around 11 in the afternoon and we just wanted to sleep!! So leaving everything aside we somehow dragged our sorry asses to my home and that was such a huge relief!! After sleeping somehow we decided to check out the condition of the bike which somehow was complete by now!! And the test ride began at 7 in the evening!! And it felt like a gem!! Amazing!! Since I couldn’t ride it well Madu did the honors till Panikoili!! And after parking the bike and doing the whole mooh mitha waala thingy we explained to the tons of people surrounding the bike what it was and that we had to leave!! After keeping the bike again in the garage for some few more tune ups and an early morning workup on that we headed to an amazing dhaba called Jana Dhaba !! Amazing food and decent service … After eating soo much we headed for some quiet time and getting some much needed sleep !!

No comments: